Position: Publication Design Specialist
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV)
Responsible To: Director of Advocacy, Education & Rural Projects
KCSDV is seeking an individual to be responsible for artistic design and layout of print and online publications for the organization. This position will also be responsible for setting up web training registrations and user accounts.
- Work with KCSDV staff and/or author to design publications, brochures, posters, awareness materials, training flyers, and other materials.
- Understand the entire printing and publishing process, including online distribution.
- Work closely with KCSDV Communications Coordinator to assure consistency in images and style, including art and graphics for printing processes.
- Work with KCSDV staff to determine accessibility implications which will have an impact on the effective communication of the publication being designed.
- Format proofed text and images into finished publications for print and online distribution.
- Provide "rough" layouts for critique and approval of design.
- Maintain KCSDV website training registrations and user accounts.
- Prepare quotes for printed materials.
- Design and prepare graphics for business cards and name badges.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health, dental, life, and long- and short-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, 401K plan contribution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
Experience with Mac and Windows operating systems; InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator software; and WordPress website platform. Must have strong written communication skills. Ability to develop materials consistent with organizational design elements. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality. Proven writing and speaking ability. Ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.