Position: Director of Legal & Policy Division
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV)
Develop, implement and provide technical assistance on legal and public policy issues and projects relevant to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. Supervise the legal and policy division.
- Provide technical assistance to KCSDV member programs and advocates on legal and public policy issues.
- Organize and implement public policy advocacy.
- Represent KCSDV in legal and public policy initiatives as needed.
- Participate in committees, commissions and task force work as needed and assigned.
- Respond to emerging legal and public policy issues that impact KCSDV’s mission.
- Supervise legal projects and other projects, as assigned.
- Provide training and technical assistance to allied agencies and allied professionals, as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be necessary or assigned by the Executive Director.
Health, dental, life, and short and long-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and retirement fund contribution.
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed:
Working knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence agencies and local advocacy programs; knowledge of the work of Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence or similar nonprofit organizations; working knowledge of statutes and regulations that directly affect sexual assault and domestic violence victims and perpetrators; excellent oral and written communication skills; conflict resolution skills; critical thinking skills that allow for an enhanced ability to understand and interpret complex rules and regulations; knowledge of day to day use of Microsoft Office Suite; strong negotiating, presentation and networking skills; outstanding organizational talents which allow for efficient work flow and effective management of many concurrent projects.
- Law degree and admission to the Kansas Bar is required for this position.
- Willingness and ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must have reliable transportation, including driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Flexible scheduling to allow for work outside of regular business hours as requested by the Executive Director.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, cooperative environment.