Position: Staff Attorney
Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV)
Director of Legal and Policy Division
To develop materials, distribute information, provide training and respond to requests on legal issues regarding sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence.
- Provide technical assistance in written or verbal form to member program advocates and others on legal issues regarding sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence.
- Answer telephone inquiries from individuals regarding sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence issues of a legal nature.
- Write, prepare, and distribute materials as directed on legal issues regarding sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence.
- Serve, as directed, as KCSDV staff representative to agencies or organizations working on sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence issues.
- Provide training on sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence laws and related issues to advocates, law enforcement officers, criminal justice personnel and related professionals as requested.
- Track and monitor new case law and legislation impacting victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
- Complete special legal projects and perform other duties as directed.
Health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Section 125 mini-flex plan, and 401k Plan contribution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed:
Admission to Kansas Bar or eligible for admission to the Kansas Bar; knowledge of legal and systems issues involved in domestic violence and sexual assault; strong research and writing skills, with previous civil or family law litigation experience a plus; proven ability at public speaking and training; ability to interpret the law to non-law trained advocates and others in oral and written form; demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality; ability to complete projects in a timely manner; ability to travel, have own means of transportation. Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs.